tabs

Monday, February 6, 2012

40 weeks!

So we hit our "due date" today.

I don't expect D to make his debut today and I didn't honestly expect that he would already be here so I'm not too upset or disappointed.
Do I want him here? Yeah! I think that I have made it pretty clear that I cannot wait to meet him. But, I know that he will come when he is good a ready, and I figure that this is just the very beginning preparation for getting used to being on HIS schedule vs him being on MINE.
So rather than being annoyed or feeling sorry for myself that I am going to be "over due" I am just going to take whatever time I have left and make it ME time to do whatever I want. I'll probably pig out on some junk food, watch some movies uninterrupted, do some baking, nap! Just actually take time to try and enjoy however much longer I will be pregnant.

I do have a a strong feeling at this moment that Friday will be the day but that could be for a few different reasons.
1) Daniel and pretty much the rest of my family have said February 10th for his arrival since knowing I was pregnant.
2)My next Dr appointment is not till this Thursday, I plan to ask for my membranes to be stripped (again) and my guess is that may help with convincing D to get moving and come greet the world! Also since I will be "over due" at my appointment they already have a NST planned just to make sure that everything is still all good in there with him.
3) Star Wars-Episode 1 is being re-released in theaters in 3D and Daniel is dieing to go see it that day. So why would he not be born that day.


It's just a waiting game from here on out.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Søren was going to come on his due date. I was having minor contractions, but we went to church and I got a pedicure with my mom, which is where I thought my water broke. The ladies who were doing my toes were both amazing and scared, so their faces were awesome. Anyway, turns out I just sprung a 'high leak' and wasn't dilated at all.

    You are doing much better than me, because instead of enjoying my last days of being pregnant, I sat in my bathtub and cried because I wanted my baby NOW!

    I am so happy for you guys and cannot wait to see pictures of his adorableness. :D

    ReplyDelete