tabs

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Welcome to the world...

I woke up at 730 yesterday (or well now it would be Thursday) to a wet bed and automatically knew it was my water leaking. I had a Dr appointment about 3 hours later though so I just decided to talk to my Dr then.
When I got there I said "well either I think I sprung a leak or I'm getting really good at consistently peeing myself" So she tested (which was inconclusive because I was having a ton of bloody show) then got out the u/s machine and confirmed that my fluid was very low.
She called down to the hospital where we were planning on delivering and told them to expect us.
That was at like 1030 and we didn't go down till 930 that night.

I decided I was comfortable trying to go home and get things started naturally. So we went for a really long walk, I bounced on my ball, tried nipple stim. It all worked a little but not enough to actually get anything true going.
So we got to L&D and they had been expecting us. We got into a room right away and the started the Pit (on the lower setting) I was 3cm and 90% effaced with him at -1 when we got there. A little over a hour later (so around 11) things were moving, and my water fully broke on it's own. That was such an odd sensation and things got more intense after that. They checked me shortly later and I was 6cm and 100%.

Maybe 30 or so minutes later and my body was naturally bearing down and pushing. They checked me again and I was 10cm, 100%, and he was at +1.5. They got everything set up and called the Dr in. Oh and they stopped the Pitocine! (thank god!) I don't know exactly how long I pushed, I know I didn't push a lot, the times I did they were long and strong ones and I took long breaks after in between (or they seemed like long brakes).

At 01:01 AM on February 10th Demitri Godric was born! 7lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches long, and a 14 inch around head lol. It was the most intense, crazy, beautiful thing that I've ever done! He's perfect, Daniel and I are so in love with him.
But really I can't believe that I went med free with an induction!

I will post more pictures later on! I will probably post more actual details about his birth then as well but that's the skinny on his birth!

8 comments:

  1. So he WAS born on Friday!!!! He's gorgeous!!! Congrats mama. I'm so excited for you and look forward to reading more about his birth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, he is beautiful! Congrats Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - congrats! He is beautiful! I love that he is sucking his thumb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!! Your hubs was right about him being born friday because star wars was coming out! That's awesome.

    Are you guys home now?

    I'm really looking forward to hearing how your hypnobabies worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! He is beautiful and I love his name. Good work, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is beautiful! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw this! I know he's older now, but I wanted to say congrats! :) He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete