tabs

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Our 39 week appointment

So yesterday I had my 39 week appointment.
This time it was with my actual OB. Nothing all that special the usual pee in a cup to check for protection, weigh in, blood pressure, get to the room and strip down to be inspected.
I had made a little bit of progress from last week. She said that I was measuring 2cm dilated, 80% effaced, and his head is still at -2 station. I ended up deciding to ask her to strip my membranes, it was uncomfortable but nothing horrible. And while having it done did not send me into labor I did have more cervical progression changes.

I had lost a large snotty looking chunk of my mucus plug on Tuesday evening and yesterday a few hours after my appointment I lost more and had "bloody show" with it as well. Then last night around 3 when I woke up I had lost a lot more. It's pretty gross but cool because it means that at least something is going on. I've still not had any noticeable contractions but my back is killing me, and I've been having consistently light cramping that doesn't stop in my lower abs. My fingers are still crossed that he shows on/by Sunday but I wouldn't be surprised if we go into next week.
Oh well he will be here soon enough! I just can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

  1. you may be having back contractions!! if it doesn't let up, go in!! yay hopefully it's that time!!

    ReplyDelete