tabs

Friday, February 17, 2012

One week old

Oh no! Where did the time go?! How has it already been a week since you came into the world?
In all honesty I cried this morning when talking to your daddy about you already being a week old, got to love those crazy hormones. Seriously though the time has just flown by and I know that in a blink you will be a month old.
*sigh*
I'll just have to get as many pictures, snuggles and kisses from you as I can before you get too big.

Oh and we have a belly button!
The bittersweet moment of Demitri's umbilical cord stump falling off happened yesterday evening. It had been hanging on by a "thread" all afternoon but still looked a little "wet" so we expected it to fall off either during the night or today. So I was surprised to find while going to change his diaper that we had a belly button.
And it's the cutest little belly button ever (or I think so), and since we now have a belly button we had our first bath. Oh my goodness he did not enjoy it one little bit! He screamed the whole time so I bathed him as quickly as possible and got him all dried off and dressed. Maybe the next bath he has he will enjoy it more.

Well since my baby-boo is awake and all bright eyed right now I'm going to go get some love in on him.
I love the face he is making here.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! Try bringing him into the bathtub with you. All my kiddos liked that much better than those baby bathtubs. Plus you get extra snuggle time. ;)
    Danielle @ Mama Dani's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was so sad when corey lost his cord too lol. he's adorable momma! you guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete