tabs

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Guacamole

You can't live in Southern California and not like Guacamole, although until I started making my own I never really like it. Homemade is definitely the way to go and it's easy!
Total Time: 10 min

Ingredients:
4-5 ripe Hass Avocados
Juice from 1 Lemon
Juice from 1 Lime
1 small-medium Jalapeno (minced, seeds removed)
1/2 C White Onion (diced)
1 medium Tomato (diced)
1 large Garlic clove (minced)
1 tsp Salt


Directions:
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
2. Scoop the "meat" out of their shells into a large bowl.
3. With a fork or potato masher, mass up the avocados, you can make it as smooth or chunky as you wish.
4. Add the lemon/lime juice, jalapeno, onion, garlic, salt, and tomatoes fold together and you're done!



Don't forget to check out my giveaway!! It ends this weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower from The Hop! Hope you'll follow back: http://www.wittyones.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am stopping by from the Tuesday Blog Hop! I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more. I would love to have you stop by my blog and follow me back :)
    www.divvyupdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Tuesday! Thanks...alwyas wanted a good recipe ; )I am a new follower from the blog hop and I look forward to following your blog!...Hope u can come by for a visit! http://adventuresatgreenacre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way about guacamole! I never liked it until I made it myself.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wanted to come over and return the favor. I've enjoyed reading so far! - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Tuesday Blog Hop. I love guacamole and have a similar recipe!

    http://www.jandamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here from the Get Wired Wednesday Blog Hop :)

    www.shellyorvis.blogspot.com

    Having a giveaway right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New GFC follower after tuesday blog hop. Would love if you could follow back. Thanks

    thesnailmomchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Emma's Lunch. Thanks for this recipe, I love guacamole although I've never tried to make it!

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so good on a hot day like today. I am going by for a watermelon after my daughters appp and will check and see if they have any avocados. This would make a newt little snack for this evening!

    ReplyDelete