tabs

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

S'more Brownies

It's like camping in your kitchen, only better, no mosquitoes to deal with.

S'more Brownies:
Prep Time: 20 min approx Cook Time: 60 min give or take

Ingredients:
Crust:
6 tbs Butter (melted)
1 1/2 C crushed Graham Cracker crumbs
2 tbs Sugar


Brownie: *to cheat you can always used box mix brownies*
8 tbs (1 stick) Butter
4 oz Unsweetened Chocolate (chopped)
1 C packed Brown Sugar
3/4 C Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Salt
4 large Eggs
1 C Flour

Topping:
4 C large Marshmallows

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Line an 8 by-8-inch square baking pan with foil so it hangs over the edges by about 1 inch.

For the crust:

1. Lightly brush the foil with some of the melted butter.
2. In a medium bowl stir the rest of the butter into the crumbs and sugar.
3. Pour the crumb mixture into the bottom of your foiled pan, pressing it evenly over the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Brownie:
1. Put the butter and chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl.
2. Turn the microwave power onto 75 percent and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Remove the bowl stir the chocolate, and microwave again until completely melted (about 2 more minutes).
4. Stir the brown and white sugars, vanilla and salt into the melted chocolate.
5. Add the eggs and beat vigorously to make a thick and shiny looking batter.
6. Add the flour and stir until incorporated.
7. Pour batter into the prepared pan, with the gram cracker crust on the bottom.
8. Bake until a toothpick can be inserted into the middle and comes out mostly clean, with a few crumbs, about 45 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and layer marshmallows across the top and toast under the broiler until golden brown about 2 minutes.
10. Keep a close eye on them, as they can brown quickly.
11. Cool on a rack in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
12. After your pan has cooled gently removing the brownies from the pan using the aluminum flaps.
13. Cut and serve!

Happy Cooking!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I can't wait for s'more... :)

    Thanks for co-hosting this past week! Have a great day, Lizzy!

    Baby Talk without the Babble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower from the hop:) Check me out at http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com whenever you can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. I wish I could have them! I am a new follower from the blog hop. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you come to my house and make these for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These brownies looks delish! I love anything chocolate!

    Oh, and usually I dislike when blogs play music, but I LOVED the songs I heard here today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey just stopping by from the "cup pf joe" doing a little self promotion :) cuz we are cool like that. be sure to come stop by! www.christanncox.blogspot.com! WE FOLLOW BACK! have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Lesley- Lol I am sure you could manage this recipe it's pretty easy and like I said you can always cheat and use box brownie.

    @Megan- Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the music I had selected. I chose music that made me feel calm and happy. And I love classical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, will try it myself when I get some spare time.
    Could you post pictures, please??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my grand daughters will have a great time making these with me at the beach this summer. I am collecting a few good recipes to take along...
    I am a new visitor and follower via Becca's Perspective...
    Miscarriages are so painful. Although I have been quite blessed as I am sure you will be, I also wanted to know why...
    I wish you luck and I will say a few prayers for you also...
    http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM.

    Must try!! My kids would L-O-V-E.

    New follower from today's hop.

    xo
    babymama
    avagracescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete